NSW Business Chamber released the following business condition survey.
March 2014 Key Findings
- Businesses became more negative about their own performance, compared with December 2013.
- Profit and sales revenue experienced falls, and there were increasing concerns about the rising costs of doing business.
- Staff numbers and capital investment also fell significantly this quarter.
- Job Ads figures remained steady.
- A quarter of businesses surveyed reported that they have trouble accessing suitably skilled staff.
- Skills and professions in demand were Sales and marketing, Customer service and retail, Chefs and hospitality workers, and IT related skills such as programming and web development.
- The Financial and insurance services sector was best performing industry this quarter, whilst the construction sector recorded poor results across the state.
Full survey available on the NSW Business Chambers website